This post is a follow up to this one: “A Call To Mission”
(Image via Denver Property Management)
One of the places that continues to come up when Leona and I talk about our next steps is Denver, Colorado.
We’re not fully sure why. Neither of us has ever really been there. Leona is from Anchorage, Alaska and I’m from Shreveport, Louisiana. Denver is sort of between those two and has some aspects that we both can relate to but I don’t think that’s it.
I must confess that Denver has been frustrating for me. We had an opportunity to make a move to Denver about a year and a half ago, but it fell through. It was bad timing and things just never really came together.
But since that time, it keeps coming up and frankly, it’s bugging me. So this morning, after praying about it, we decided that we need to put it to rest, rule it out or explore it further. So that’s what we’re doing.
Leona and I are heading to Denver this Thursday, July 9th, 2013, for a quick, three to four day adventure of exploration, prayer and clarity.
I don’t know if God wants us to plant a church there. I don’t know if God wants me to pastor an existing church there. I don’t know if God just wants Leona and I to get away for a few days in a new location to clear our heads. 🙂 But we are pretty sure that God wants us to take this trip.
In fact, it’s kind of amazing how He has opened several doors to suddenly make this trip possible, including free housing for our stay by some friends we know who live in Aurora (a suburb of Denver). Come to think of it, it’s kind of crazy how fast this trip has come together!
So Here’s how you can pray for us:
* Pray for our safety on the trip – particularly that we have no issues with our car. (It’s in pretty good shape, but it’s an older car)
* Pray that we see and hear what God wants us to see and hear and that we come home with great clarity for our next steps, wherever those may be.
If you live in the Denver Metro area:
We’d love to connect with you while we’re there! Drop me a line at JohnnyLeckie@gmail.com and we’ll work out the details. We also hope to be at The Edge Church on Sunday morning, so we may also be able to connect there.
There are actually a few other possibilities we have rolling around, and I’ll share those and updates from this trip in the next post…